FREE DOWNLOAD BELOW!
Please take a moment to answer 2 quick questions at the bottom of this article when you’re done so I can better serve you, and countless others! Doesn’t require any personal info! Thank you in advance! Or you can click here.
A Background Story to Dating Online
I was talking to a co-worker of mine. We’ll call him Dave. I was offshore on a rig and a lot of guys in this industry usually have been prior military service as I am. I’m prior U.S. Navy and I’ve seen a lot of families broken up or split up by divorce over the fact that their spouse is gone for large amounts of time and it creates a wall between the people, and eventually a breakdown in the relationship.
A relationship does need to be nurtured and this is a special type of situation. I’ll tell you how this relates to online dating. Dave was married, and he had gotten divorced with his first wife. It was for the reasons I just stated.
When Dave wanted to get back on to the dating scene, he was a bit older, his children were pretty much grown. The youngest was 17 at the time, and his children decided he needed to stop moping around and sulking. Any time he had some free time when he wasn’t spending with his kids, he just sat at home and never went out, or did anything. He wouldn’t have found anyone under those circumstances.
The Move to Searching Online
His children set him up a profile online, and initially, he only had one picture. He mentioned that it wasn’t a very good picture, and he started getting lots of feedback. Dave said that in the first month of looking through all the messages he had gotten, most of them were a waste of time and he ended up deleting those people’s messages. One thing was that he was very specific in his online dating profile so that if he got a response that violated one of the criteria from what he wrote in his profile, he immediately deleted them. He said he almost gave up and didn’t want to try again. He said it was irritating and he didn’t want to go out to the bars and clubs. And again he was older so that wasn’t his ideal type of crowd or situation and he had no desire to actually meet people or date in this way.
Dave tried online dating. If he had given up and quit initially, then he would never had met his wife currently of 10 years. He said it was a perfect fit for him. And in that same way, to be a boss, you have to sift through a lot of garbage before you actually find that diamond. It might take some time but, you shouldn’t be trying to get hitched because of desperation or because you just want a partner that bad. Take your time in online dating. I’m going to give you some tips to be a boss. And I’ll use criteria similar to what he used for his online dating profile. Then I’ll give you some specific actionable steps you can take so that you don’t get tricked.
What Makes Online Dating Effective?
Lots of people are not very fond of online dating because I hear them mostly say well, a person could have a fake picture up there or they could be lying, or they don’t look like their picture. They are not what their profile said. But how often does it match up when you meet them in person either? It’s pretty much the same, and everyone tries to rush past the one thing it takes to build a quality relationship, and that is time. Time to get to know one another. Time to see each other’s mannerisms, how they treat you, how they treat their children if they have any, and other important things you can only learn with time.
Maybe you found out they had a girlfriend or children and in actuality, although this does happen, it is a very low percentage of times that it does happen and I’m going to get right into the tips to make this less strenuous. I’m going to show you how you can get around things like that and tell if they are being honest and some other places you can check to make sure their story pans out.
Frequently Asked Questions people often ask about online dating
- What if a person has multiple women in different areas? When my wife and I first started dating, I had multiple suitors, and multiple options I wanted to pursue. That is normal. But once you make it through some of these stages and steps I mention in this article, you should as we did, delete your profiles from those meeting sites, and discuss becoming monogamous with each other. One note here: If the person does not stay in your area, long distance relationships (LDR’s) don’t work and I wouldn’t recommend trying it. I’ve done it, I’ve researched it, and it can work, but the percentage of people who make it work is less than 1%. If you want to go for that one percent change then be my guest. There are multiple reasons LDR’s don’t work but that’s another topic for another day.
- What if they have fake pictures and aren’t honest? People aren’t honest these days anyway. This doesn’t apply to all of course, but when we meet face to face, how often are we manipulated, tricked, or lied to? This seems common so this shouldn’t be a barrier to entry of meeting people online. They could be dishonest just as easily online as if they were in person. To make sure you aren’t duped, here’s what I recommend. Search their name on multiple social media channels. This will reveal their associations, people they hang out with, their thoughts and ideas, and whether they are lying about how they currently look. For instance, if they say they don’t have a girlfriend or any kids, you can search their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and people will usually have pictures of their family or significant other if they are currently hitched. So you can call BS if you search their name and find something different from what they’re telling you. You should snoop before you get involved deeply. As I always teach, any relationship you enter in is taking a chance, and isn’t guaranteed to work. That’s in any case.
- How do I avoid wasting time with online dating? Be specific in criteria you require or standards and boundaries you set. Then, when you are searching, you can automatically eliminate people whose profiles don’t meet your standards or people who aren’t consistent across their channels. Remember to look at what they do more than what they say. You should be selective. You shouldn’t entertain any and every body who gives you a shout out. Stick to a set of acceptance criteria you are looking for.
And, with all this, be patient. These things take time. Getting to know someone takes time. Don’t rush it or you’ll constantly be disappointed. If you have a problem falling too fast, get some self-discipline and just wait.
3 Tips for Qualifications
- Eventually a healthy sex life must be a part of the equation
- Don’t try to change the person accept them as they are
- Be on an even playing field having been established on the same level or better financially and in the areas of stability and career
4 stages to the final transition to a relationship
- Chatting within the site/app
- Transition to emailing
- Transition to talking on the phone (key word is talking)
- Transition to meeting in person
The Timeframe Guideline: Transitioning from Online to meeting in Person
Once you transition to meeting in person, follow the steps in my other article (3 stages of getting to know someone)
- The Exploratory Stage
- The Declaration Stage
- The Groundwork Stage
For a refresher on these stages and the guidelines to follow, read The 3 Stages of Getting to Know Someone.
This process should take approximately 4 months from the first setup of the online profile to going out on 5 dates. (Reference in the 3 stages of getting to know someone article.)
- Sites can be free (should be if you’re low on money)
- Sites can be paid (I would recommend trying the free sites out first before trying out the paid platforms)
Free Sites include (most of these sites have a paid option also but you can set up a profile and chat for free)
- blackplanet.com, migente.com, tagged.com
Paid sites include:
- match, eharmony, zoosk
Sites to Avoid
- Tinder, Plenty of Fish
All I’ll say about these two are that they are strictly related to booty calls and friends with benefits situationships. If you’re looking for a solid relationship or quality candidate, you won’t find them on Tinder and Plenty of Fish. You will find guys who will only aim to sleep with you. These sites are geared more towards the “Netflix and Chill” type situations.
I didn’t mention Facebook although it is the number one social media platform out right now. But it isn’t geared specifically towards meeting people for relationships or hookups exclusively like these other sites are. The same rules, principles and guidelines from this article apply there as well.
I’ve tried all of these sites except for eHarmony, Tinder, POF, and Meetup, but I heard Meetup is pretty good as well. The rest of them work pretty well. I talk about meeting potential candidates online in my book in chapter 10 The Round Table. If I didn’t mention it before I met my wife online on blackplanet.com, and we are married with 3 kids and have been together 9 years as of this writing. Online dating is certainly viable and readily available these days with most everything moving to an online platform. So why not dating? It’s where most people are these days anyway.
Once you transition to meeting them, if you still like them (because you must be attracted to them) then start checking out all their social media to look at their associations and things they post (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn if they have any of these sites).
This process is taking care of the element we rarely see these days, which is getting to know each other. Then I would tack on an extra 2 months if you have kids, I recommend never to let anyone meet the kids until at least the 6th month. By that point, true colors will start to show. True intentions, and folks who have put up a facade will drop out. This is what I call the 6-month vetting process.
Those last 2 months are to observe and make a final decision whether you want to waste more time, or continue to grow the relationship. The last 2 months are also to propose a date on meeting the kids after that 6 month mark.
Wow, this is timely. As I’m writing this article, I’m in the mall in the food court, with my computer open and my headphones connected to my phone. Just now a tweet comes in and it mentions a site about finding out if your mate is cheating. I don’t ever include little links like this, but since we are talking about online dating, it was specifically applicable. So here it is. CheatAware.com. The post said they found out their ex cheated with multiple online dates so, yeah I think this is applicable. I went to the site, and all you have to enter is the suspect’s email, your name and your email. And it has a red button to search and it says its $5.99. You could try it. It might be what you’re searching for.
On another note, if you have the inclination to use such a service, don’t you think there is a deeper issue there? Maybe trust? Maybe something else? Don’t even waste your time with the search. Do one of two things. Either have a discussion with your guy, or just leave since you can’t trust him.
If you liked this article, please share it!
If you’re getting back out there to date, and you have lots of questions about the current state, I have a FREE course for you that I’m bringing to you.
To sign up for the 3-part video series Building the Foundation, go here: http://bit.ly/3partvideos Please join me for the course so I can make sure you have the support you need.
To check out the workbook to skim over what this 3-part series is about, you can download it here: http://bit.ly/buildwbk
Thanks for reading to the end. If you liked this blog post, please check out others of mine you might like. And I would love to hear your feedback on these topics. Leave your comments below! Here are some of my other top blog posts you might find interesting.
- 7 Reasons a Person Won’t Leave a Bad Relationship
- 3 Reasons You’re Still Single and 7 Reasons Why Guys May Not Approach You
- The Changing Face and Mindset of the Modern Eligible Bachelor: 26 is the new 18
- How to Overcome Past Hurts and Start Fresh
I get really deep into many of these issues in my book The Truth: Keeping it 100, The Blueprint to Relationships. The information in chapter 5 is so valuable its worth the price of the entire book alone. If you want to know what we’re thinking about it, that’s the chapter to read. To buy the book, click HERE. The eBook is only $4.99 and the paperback is $15.
We waste that much on a few coffees at Starbucks, or a few Mocha Frappe’s at McDonald’s. It’s so worth it to get this inside information. I didn’t spill all the beans in this article. I just hit the tip of the iceberg. What are you waiting for? Check the book out today!
The book lays out a blueprint and guide in different areas you should inspect. Here is an overview of what the book discusses.
- The Introduction and Prelude to Relationships– lays out the groundwork and different types of people there are. If you can recognize what type you are, you’ll be able to make a better selection, and maybe work on areas you might not be so strong in.
- The Basics– basically about being a gentlemen, and if you’re a lady, having some class.
- Standards– set some realistic expectations before you start, and hold the person accountable to those standards, but don’t overdo it.
- The Good Man– probably the most insightful chapter. This reveals the truth about a good man, what to expect, and how to deal with him.
- The Strong Woman– self-assessing and looking in the mirror to make yourself a stronger woman.
- Baggage Claim– anything extra our past experiences have placed on us that might make us bitter, or make it hard for us to trust.
- Sex and Intimacy– self-explanatory
- Confidence and Attitude– develop your swag. The opposite sex notices.
- The Round Table– social media and its effects on relationships, who you should confide in about your relationship, and other various topics that need to be addressed.
- Graduation– learning to conquer all your insecurities and moving forward to triumph in your relationship. Focusing on the things that matter most.
I want to help you start building a healthy relationship, and watch a transformation take place in your life.
Relationships affect everyone. If you have an argument or disagreement with a spouse or partner, it could cause you to have a bad day. And when you have a truly special moment, you could feel like you’re on cloud nine all day!
I’m dedicated to helping you build those quality relationships. That’s why I’ve written an eBook to give you 3 quick wins! If you’re interested, get the free eBook here: Click here to get your FREE eBook!
If you want to check out a few other articles I’ve written, check out 3 of my most popular articles:
- Friends with Benefits: 10 Reasons guys go for it and 9 Ways you can avoid it! Click here to read!
- What Men Desire from their Ideal Woman: Click here to read!
- Can I trust you? The Million-Dollar Question Click here to read.
Allow me to help transform the way you think about and approach relationships, strengthen your marriage (if married), and revolutionize your dating tactics (if you’re single)! Join the tribe!
If you have time, go on over and check out my website www.mdriversbooks.com. If I seem like someone who can help you reach your relationship goals, then let me know if you’re interested, and I’ll connect you to my email list so I can provide FREE value to you. No catch, no attachments. I just want to help YOU be the best version of yourself you can be. I give you coaching, checklists, downloads, and things you can do right now to see an immediate improvement in your relationship. Join my tribe. I got you!
I would like to bring value to you and your life in every area. Please let me know how I can help you or serve you. I’d like to help you reach your goals, whatever they might be.
And I’ve developed a brand new course to accompany the book! Have you ever had an argument with your spouse, and it just made the whole day turn out bad? I have. Relationships affect you in a lot of ways. And because they carry such heavy weight on your life, I want to help out in this area. I’ve devoted an entire course to addressing these issues.
Sometimes your partner just doesn’t understand you. Maybe they don’t know how to communicate with you. Maybe you want to win in relationships but you need a little help to put that flame back in your relationship, or maybe you’re looking for a quality person to start a relationship with. If you want to learn how to do that, no matter where you are in your relationship journey, I have the answer for you.
The first is to go check out the tactics in my book, The Truth: Keeping it 100, The Blueprint to Relationships. After you buy the book, you can take it a step further and go through my Relationship Bootcamp Signature Course: Click here for more information.
If what you’ve been doing hasn’t worked or you need some key winning tactics, you need my course. Even if things are going great it’s going to shore up your relationship to make it even stronger. You can enroll in my Relationship Bootcamp Signature Course today!
This course is specifically designed to help you win! I’m teaching by videos, and a bunch of worksheets, articles, bonus resources and audio to help get your life and your relationship the transformation it deserves! This course is the Rolls Royce of relationship programs: The Relationship Bootcamp. Click here to learn more!
Do you need a blueprint and a guideline to answer some of the toughest questions about relationships? Is he telling the truth? Can I trust him? Why is there a double standard? Then purchase my book! Just click any of the icons below to get it!
If you liked this article, please share it!
I’ll be launching my Relationship Bootcamp Signature Course soon! Please keep checking back and I’ll make sure I keep you updated when I’ll be releasing it. There are only going to be a limited amount of slots available, because I do some one-on-one coaching with those who go through the course. I want to make sure I can give them proper attention to help them nurture their current relationship, or build a brand new one. I want to help them crush it and I can’t do that if I let everyone in the course. So be looking for that soon! I’m excited!
If you’re reading this far, you rock! And, thank you! Join many other subscribers and receive instant access to my entire library of FREE resources and infographics for relationship building. Thanks for reading and allowing me to bring value to you! You can comment below! Don’t forget to answer those two questions for me at the bottom of this article.
To check out more info, please visit my website to find out everything there is to know about my teaching, coaching, and daily relationship tips. www.mdriversbooks.com
You can also check out my podcast! I write this blog, I record podcasts for you, and you get PDF downloads, checklists, infographics, and of course, my book The Truth: Keeping it 100, The Blueprint to Relationships is available for you on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iBookstore and about 50 other online retailers! All of this to help YOU figure it out on this journey of ups and downs we call relationships.
Please take a moment to answer 2 quick questions.Doesn’t require any personal info! Thank you in advance! Please click here.